An Alfred Hitchcock themed Halloween party (or at any other time of the year for that matter) provides lots of inspiration for yourself and your guests, plus any friends who are into vintage fashion will love it. Here are a few ideas of what you can use and include.
Hitchcock Costume Ideas
|Mrs Danvers from Rebecca, 1940|
|Judy/Madeleine from Vertigo, 1958|
|Norman Bates Costume, from Psycho, 1960|
|Melanie Daniels Costume from The Birds, 1963|
- Prints of Hitchcock movie posters
- Hitchcock films playing in the background
- Birds - Buy some creepy bird ornaments and decorations. If you are good at origami you can create your own and hang them from the ceiling. Another way to create the sinister bird atmosphere is to leave different colored feathers scattered on the floor or by the window.
- Rocking Chair - Rocking chairs are creepy, add a skeleton, an old lady wig and old lady clothes and you can recreate the final scenes of Psycho.
- Dali Posters - The sets for the dream sequences in Spellbound were designed by Salvador Dali, why not have a dedicated area of surreal artwork.
|Dali dream sequence from Spellbound, 1945|
- Large Trunk or Chest - Replicate the tense scenes from Rope by placing a large trunk conspicuously in the center of the room.
- Hitchcock soundtracks playing in the background
Hitchcock Scavenger Hunt
Turn your Hitchcock inspired decorations into a scavenger hunt and test your guests' knowledge of the master of suspense. Give your guests a list of film titles and they have to find items that match the films. Below are some examples.